Situs slot online simply means any kind of gambling conducted on the internet. It’s a way of gaming in the virtual world that includes playing poker, casino games, sports games.
Today, it has gained so much popularity that the market worth is around $66 billion globally.
- The very firsts emerged from the island of Antigua and Barbuda when it passed the Free Trade and Processing Act in 1994, granting licenses to those applying for open online casinos.
- Before this act was passed, the first online gambling software was developed by Microgaming and popularity of all the online gambling sites and apps are seeing an upward trend since then.
- An interesting fact to know here is that, although the first online casinos are not operating today but still the oldest one today in functioning is from 1996 which is remarkable itself.
- There have been many reports showing that these games are highly addictive and increasing in younger population.
- People are more satisfied and can fulfil their gaming fantasies which they cannot do in offline mode.
- People view it as a form of escape and help them forget about the real world troubles and pressures, as well as being an activity for killing time.
- For some, it’s a way of making money, new friends and for others, a way of voluntarily sharing their experiences battling monsters and level-up know-how for other players as reference guides on gaming-related web sites.
- Despite the increasing growth of the situs judi slot market, the legal status of online gambling in most countries is bleak.
- Many countries have legalised online gambling as it offers a huge market for them, helping grow their economy. The best example is – Caribbean nations.
- Countries like Thailand, UK, , France, Japan, China have laws providing for legal online gambling.
- In India, Online gambling is a state subject and thus is legalised only in two states of Goa and Sikkim. Here, Game of skills such as Rummy is allowed but not gambling.
World statistics show that the global population involved in online gambling will only soar with time. More research and raising the issue to the public will serve for better as it will lead to people indulging in what is called ‘responsible gambling’. As online gambling has become an industry at the forefront of technological advances in the virtual world, it needs to be regulated at international level.